CTV News Features CREATE Scholarships Awarded at Sisler High School
Earlier this month, 19 Vancouver Film School (VFS) scholarships were awarded to Winnipeg’s Sisler High School students as part of the CREATE program; a free, post-graduation credit program that offers a year of additional learning in animation, film, graphic design, and game development.
These full scholarships will be used by young creators to study filmmaking at Vancouver Film School, thanks to VFS and The Schroeder Foundation. This brings the roster of students who’ve benefitted from the CREATE program to over 80 deserving individuals. The Schroeder Foundation will cover 60 per cent of each award (totalling $500,000), with the remaining 40 per cent covered by VFS.
In a recent CTV Winnipeg interview, Sisler High’s CREATE Department Head, Jamie Leduc, gives details about this year’s record number of CREATE scholarships awarded, the CREATE program itself, and the diverse opportunities it represents for youth.
You can view more media featuring this year’s Sisler High CREATE Scholarships below.